The Role of PEEP During Respiratory Distress
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and Positive End Expiratory Pressure (PEEP) are becoming the standard of care in treating patients with respiratory distress. PEEP especially has become more popular due to the hypoxia that COVID-19 creates and PEEP’s ability to improve oxygenation and airway pressure.
EMS Airway states that whenever oxygenation is a problem, PEEP will likely help, and that the benefits of PEEP warrant the purchase of a PEEP valve for use on bag-valve masks.
GO-PAP™ from Pulmodyne
The GO-PAP™ from Pulmodyne allows delivery of both CPAP and PEEP in one device. The GO-PAP™ simply connects to the low-pressure barb and operates at 10LPM while delivering approximately 30% FiO2. Additionally, the PEEP is independent of flow, so clinicians can set it, forget it, and focus on the patient.
GO-PAP™ features include:
- Runs at 10 LPM of oxygen and generates up to 90 LPM of flow
- Has an approximate 30% FiO2
- Includes 3 options for PEEP of 5, 7 and 10 cm H2O
- Run time of approximately 40 minutes
- Integrated nebulization without interrupting the delivered flow to the patient
- Nebulize from one tank utilizing the Neb-Connect™
- Comes with the Pulmodyne BiTrac™ ED Mask
MED Alliance Group is an ISO 13485 certified medical device distributor and has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our clinical customers and manufacturing partners since 1998. We specialize in the sales, marketing, importation, logistics and distribution of innovative, high-quality and cost-effective products found in anesthesia and respiratory, blood and transfusion therapy, EMS and emergency room, interventional radiology and cath lab, iv and vascular, as well as NICU and PICU.