A simple, effective solution to stop anterior epistaxis
Acute nosebleeds are one of the most common causes of bleeding in the emergency department. Although nasal packing is a common treatment, a simpler method has been proven to be just as effective, have lower re-bleeding rates, and be more comfortable for the patient.
A study concludes, “applying external compression after administering tranexamic acid through the nostrils by atomizer stops bleeding as effectively as anterior nasal packing using Merocel.”
Is Your Facility Using Nasal Atomizers?
The new DART™ Nasal Device is a nasal mucosal atomization tool designed to deliver medications quickly and painlessly via the nasal passages. Comparable to competitive nasal devices, the DART™ is available at a fraction of the cost.
- Delivers medications for anterior epistaxis, opioid reversal, seizure control, sedation, pain management, hypoglycemia and more
- Enables fast-acting therapeutic results similar to intravenous delivery
- Avoids the delays and pain associated with starting an IV
- Reduces clinician exposure to needlesticks and bloodborne pathogens
- Available with or without syringes
- Can be used with multi-dose vials and/or pre-filled syringes
MED Alliance Group is an ISO 13485 certified medical device distributor and has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our clinical customers and manufacturing partners since 1998. We specialize in the sales, marketing, importation, logistics and distribution of innovative, high-quality and cost-effective products found in anesthesia and respiratory, blood and transfusion therapy, EMS and emergency room, interventional radiology and cath lab, iv and vascular, as well as NICU and PICU.