SAFIRA™ is a revolutionary new technology making regional anesthesia a one-person procedure, putting control in the hands of the anesthesiologist. A uniquely engineered safety solution monitors and limits injection pressure, reducing the risk of patient nerve damage. SAFIRA™ improves patient safety and promotes better outcomes for patients and clinicians.1
Nerve damage can occur when anesthetic solutions are injected at high pressure. In fact, serious nerve damage occurs in up to 1% of procedures and transient nerve damage in up to 8% of cases.2,3 The integrated safety system prevents injection pressures above 20psi which reduces the risk of nerve damage occurring as a result of a regional anesthesia procedure.
SAFIRA™ saves five minutes per procedure4 and limits the costs associated with extra operators, saving time and money.
(1) Heij R, Eldin E, Young P, Carter J, Gibson J, Ali A, et al. Regional Anesthesiology Injection Pressures comparing Skilled Assistants With SAFIRA in a Simulated Ultrasound Guided Technique. In: The Anesthesiology annual meeting [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2020 Mar 31]. Available from: http://www.asaabstracts.com/strands/asaabstracts/abstract.htm?year=2013&index=17&absnum=3085
(2) Borgeat A, Blumenthal S. Nerve injury and regional anaesthesia [Internet]. Vol. 17, Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology. 2004 [cited 2020 Mar 31]. p.417–21. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17023899
(3) Jeng CL, Torrillo TM, Rosenblatt MA. Complications of peripheral nerve blocks. Br J Anaesth [Internet]. 2010 [cited 2020 Mar 31];105(S1):97–
107. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/bja/article-abstract/105/suppl_1/i97/235950
(4) Fong-Soe-Khioe R. Health Economic report Medovate commissioned written by a health economist from the University of East Anglia (UEA).
For more information about SAFIRA™ by Medovate, contact your local MED Alliance Sales Representative, call 888-891-1200, or email us.