Flusso By Pass Adapter for Safe Circuit Disconnects
FLUSSO BY PASS ADAPTER = Patient and Clinician Safety
The Flusso By Pass Adapter facilitates safer ventilator circuit disconnects. Flusso allows the patient’s positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) to be maintained and reduces staff exposure to exhaled aerosols during a ventilator circuit disconnect, enhancing patient and staff safety.
The adapter’s proprietary Swing Valve Technology™ is designed to redirect the gas flow without interruption of positive pressure ventilation to the patient. When the ventilator port is in use, the by pass port is sealed and when the by pass port is in use, the ventilator port is sealed. The Flusso has standard ISO connections, adds minimal dead space and works with all modes of ventilation.
Use the Flusso By Pass Adapter for the following procedures
- Implementation / removal of MDI into circuit
- Implementation / removal of nebulizer into circuit
- Change expiratory filter on the ventilation
- Change humidity systems (i.e. wet to dry)
- Implementation / removal of Aerogen SVN
- Implementation / removal of nitric oxide
- Manually bagging for delivery of inhaled medications
- Ventilator circuit change
- Change HME
- Change ventilator
- Add ETCO2 monitoring adapter
- Patient proning
- Patient transport
- Move IV lines to opposite side of patient
The Flusso By Pass Adapter is on Premier Contract Number PP-DS-743 and Vizient Contract Number DM0170.
MED Alliance Group is an ISO 13485 certified medical device distributor and has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our clinical customers and manufacturing partners since 1998. We specialize in the sales, marketing, importation, logistics and distribution of innovative, high-quality and cost-effective products found in anesthesia and respiratory, blood and transfusion therapy, EMS and emergency room, interventional radiology and cath lab, iv and vascular, NICU/PICU and pharmacy.